Handy Little Guide to PorchFest
Folks, let’s dive into the magic of what PorchFest is!
Now, you may be asking “What is a PorchFest?!” Well, you’ve come to the right place! Unlike traditional music festivals, PorchFest is about celebrating what makes our communities special! Coupled with local artists, PorchFest will also host food trucks from around Oklahoma! I mean, what’s not to look forward to?
So, let’s be honest it’s been a rough year. I don’t know about you, but we have been dreaming of a time when we can listen to live music again! Since all the bands are performing outside, you can social distance yourself while getting some fresh air and maybe have a conversation with someone other than your cat! As a matter of fact, this is the perfect way to get all your pre-Covid dreams met in a safe environment!
Handy-Dandy PorchFest Guide!
- Dress Comfortably. We can’t stress this enough! Now, we understand you’ve been cooped up in your house & you might be tempted to serve up some Haute looks! I highly advise you to come comfy sprinkled with chic! Wear shoes that you’re comfortable walking in & bring a light jacket or maybe a rain jacket if there’s a possibility of rain!
- Be Open-Minded. Very few events will offer you the opportunity to explore the local music scene that a PorchFest will. You may run into a friend who recommends seeing a band that you’ve never heard of before, follow your friend’s advice and see something new! Not only will you learn about a new band, but you might find a new favorite! Unlike traditional music festivals, PorchFests are about community and appreciating the people and places that make our neighborhoods special.
- Throw Your Plan Out The Window! More than anything, PorchFests are about exploring your surroundings as they are about listening to bands. Our advice is not to get too attached to a set schedule and have fun!
The Practical Side of Things
You might be asking some questions like “When? Where? Is there a fee?”
When: March 13th, 2:00pm – 7:30pm
Where: Carlton Landing community, check back for more specific locations… or follow the music and crowd!
There’s no fee, this is an event open to the public! Come one, come all!
- Bring a seat or a blanket if it doesn’t rain
- Hand- Sanitizer
- Sunblock, just in case
- You won’t need to wear your mask if you are socially distancing outside, however, I would advise wearing it if you’re going into Mama Tigs or grabbing coffee at The Meeting House. (Which, I 10 out of 10 recommend you do!)
- Do the town a solid and clean up after yourself (The owners whose yards you’re in would greatly appreciate it!)
In conclusion, PorchFest is a magical combination of music, food, family, friends that feel like family, and the stunning homes of Carlton Landing!
Last but not least, if you see the LakeStay staff around town, please stop and say howdy! We love connecting with new friends!
Be safe, talk to strangers!